Effed Up Stories

Help make Effed Up Stories better.

Latest Comments

Asuka #362
2017-01-21 12:58:21

Hi, in the latest podcast, you were telling the story of Mary, who said she knew 6 months in advance when someone was gonna die. I read about yogi's who know this exact same thing in the same timeframe, they explain that about 6 months before someone dies a part of their energy leaves them. It sounds exactly like what Mary was talking about, maybe this comment helps her to understand what she is feeling, and that she doesn't have to be afraid of it, it seems to be a normal thing.

See More

James #757
2016-12-14 22:08:34

Sure there are also astronaut's space shuttles . good luck seeing that tho lol anyway last post that looks like my first post ,that's wierd btw anyway definetly squint an eye Especially things that button hook across the night sky . I'm out. Unless you have questions lol

See More

James #757
2016-12-14 21:58:48

What would we all do?I see a post here form a girl in South Africa seing the same things I see here.they were in sort of informal formation while stoping within star paterns when noticed.satellites move across the sky in a straight line,steady speed,air planes jets helicopters(shooting stars,commits)self explanatory any other movement up there is not from here,piriod.tho I do believe they have respcet for our planet.We may verry well be just a charging station.planet of colective enrgy fields

See More

James #757
2016-12-14 21:42:03

Throughout history.Cavemen walked till they invented the wheel,humans road horses till we ivented the car that wasnt enough and started flying, computers came out after the glory of those the computer it self was inadequate so the computer drew wave for the internet.But that bright light in the sky you see.And I see.And nobody else even cares about.Y.I don't know y.Lol But that bright light.Has had constant technology.Throu the ages In many sighting storys.I have theorys as to y they come aswell

See More

James #757
2016-12-14 21:30:15

Hi.I live in northern ontario,I see this all the time,it is just as you say.i observe there are many i believe they have different characteristic behaviour,I observe them closely.I don't study them.I just love to know.That I know.and yeah.Its almost as if the "watevr it is" notices you, noticing it!and it's behavior changes,It's something not from this world.It's Like this. Dinosaurs,cavemen,ppl ,technology,all these evolve,this watevr.has not changed description more than shape throug

See More

See All Comments

The Dark Side of the House

I recently listened to your shadow people podcast and I wanted to share my experience with these entities. I am currently twenty-four years old and have experienced about three major encounters throughout my life; all within the time span of a year and all in my present living location.

Before going into the story, a little disclaimer and back story is necessary. I do believe in the paranormal and have been a believer since a child (when I had my first experience at about age five). The house I spent most of the child hood in is incredibly haunted, both by poltergeist activity and what I believe to be whatever is imprinted in the land (suspected Native American lands). I have an open mind within regards to the supernatural, but never chalk strange experiences up to be paranormal without some attempt at debunking it first. With that said, I also came to believe my current home is haunted, but in a vastly different way than previous experiences.

I've had many paranormal experiences in my house, such as disembodied voices, obvious movements in the house, things being tampered with, light anomalies, and shadows. Pretty much all the things you would come to expect from a haunted location. I only want to go over the shadow people experiences Iíve had, or I'll end up writing a book. Having lived in many haunted houses throughout my life, I have to admit that there is something different with the energy and activity in this place. Since moving here back in March of 2015, there was always something off about the place. There would be days to months where things felt normal; the atmosphere was light and lifted; I could breathe easy during these times. Then there would be lengths of time where the atmosphere would suddenly change. At first it was like there was a pressure change; everything felt heavier, and something that felt wrong would wash over me. For example, sometimes out of nowhere I get intense negative feelings (anxiety, paranoia, etc.) and it begins to feel like I'm being watched. It's during these times that paranormal activity occurs.

My first encounter with the shadow happened about two months after moving in. The house was in the "wrong" feeling phase for several days and minor occurrences were happening, but I was trying to ignore it for the most part. Most of the paranormal and creepiness takes place on one side of the house; most significantly, the hallway. That side of the house has one bathroom and three bedrooms, one of which I turned into a study. I spent a lot of time in that room despite the incredible sense of dread and overall creepiness I felt being in there.

One day I was getting ready for work. It was late morning, close to midday and I was about to leave when I realized I left my phone in the study. I quickly went to retrieve it but as I walked into the room I nearly collided with this enormous dark mass standing in the middle of the room. This shadow was about seven feet tall, nearly hitting the ceiling, and featureless. It was only an outline of a humanoid form, but was pitch black and could not be seen through. I yelped and froze mid-step and it appeared as startled as I was. For a moment, we simply stared at one another in shock, then he disappeared in a blur, seemingly rushing out of the closed window. I knew what I saw, but I attempted to debunk what happened, trying to recreate what I had just witnessed with no luck. As I left for work, I could only conclude that whatever I had been feeling had finally showed itself.

Months went by and even though paranormal occurrences continued to happen, I had not ran into the shadow since the first encounter. I got pregnant back in July of 2015 and for the most part it was an easy pregnancy. I went through the first two trimesters with little to no disruptive symptoms, going on about my daily routine as if I wasn't with child (aside from taking care to modify diet and other common sense changes that need to be made once pregnant). It was the beginning of January when a quiet spell of a month (December) broke and activity seemed to pick up. One morning I was getting ready to do my workout. I went to the hallway bathroom before starting and as I approached the hallway I almost ran into the shadow again, which was standing across the bathroom door next to the study. It was the same vastly tall shadow, a solid black mass that can't be mistaken for anything but what it was. The encounter was so unexpected that I almost didn't realize that it was there until it turned and vanished into the study.

I froze, trying to decipher if what I saw was the same shadow person. I went to investigate but found nothing, so I went about my day ignoring the experience until the following day when I decided I would attempt to debunk it. I thought that there was a possibility that I simply saw two of my own shadows due to two light sources. I know I had the living room light on but there was a chance that I may have had the kitchen light on, despite my habit of keeping most, if not all of the lights off to conserve electricity. After a quick investigation I realized immediately that I did not witness two shadows. It was clear that even with the kitchen light casting a second shadow against the wall, what I originally saw was taller, solid (where as my second shadow was transparent), and moved independently before disappearing in the wrong direction from my movement to the bathroom.

Shortly after this encounter, at 29 weeks of my pregnancy, I suddenly had complications that made me rush to the E.R. The doctors couldn't find the cause of my complications (I became symptomatic to preterm labor) and so they sent me home, not being able to do anything else for me. Over the course of the next two weeks I was going in and out of the hospital, steadily getting worse and the doctors continued to say there was nothing they could discern that was causing my health issues. The activity in the house soared. I constantly saw movement in the hallway, I heard a cadence of voices when I would be the only one in the house, objects were moving around, being displaced, and I kept seeing balls of light and dark (like flies) around the house. I was becoming too sick to fight it.

The day things came to a head, I knew I was going into labor. I was in agony and alone at the house, lying on the couch unable to do anything for myself at that point but cry. I was contemplating on whether I should go back to the hospital, even though the doctors were becoming irate with me and pretty much told me not to come back unless it was a real emergency. As I was lying there I got this inkling to look up, and my gaze was drawn to the hallway, which is dark due to the lack of lighting in the house. Plain as day, clear against the dark of the hallway was a solid black figure. It was standing at the corner of the hallway in a sneaky sort of stance, almost in the living room but just out of reach of the only light source of the house, my living room lamp. Despite the utter lack of facial features, I knew it was watching me and had been for some time. I watched it retreat back into the dark hallway out of sight before I found the ability to move, at which I jumped up to glance into the hallway to see nothing. I went to get my phone and immediately called my mother (the only person I know that believes in the paranormal) and told her everything that had happened. She convinced me to go back to the hospital, where they realized I was finally going into labor and was admitted to a high risk unit at a hospital two hours away for two weeks until I had an emergency C-section and then another two weeks while my child was in the NICU.

I don't know if my complications were merely a coincidence as the activity in the house picked up, or if there was a direct correlation with my encounters and my deteriorating health. I do know that according to our land lord, this place was owned by only one person before he purchased it. The lady had lived here from 2009 to 2015 before she put it up for sale at a ridiculously low price. She stated that she needed to move out quickly and didn't explain any further. She also told our land lord that she never used one side of the house and incidentally, that's the same side in which the most activity takes place.

By: Amethyst Rivet - Mar-30-2016


*You must be logged in to comment. Login?